Quantcast

VIN Decoder

Rick69
I have just bought a 1974 CB750 and I trying to figure out what it is and what the Vin Code means. It says CB7502349409. Please help Thanks

Re: VIN Decoder

TOOLS1
Administrator
TOOLS
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
We all got problems. Ksharp

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-K X 2
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)

Re: VIN Decoder

Rick69
What makes or helps you know that!

Re: VIN Decoder

TOOLS1
Administrator
I have every SOHC 750 VIN memorized
Also Honda only made K models from 70-75
TOOLS
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
We all got problems. Ksharp

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-K X 2
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)

Re: VIN Decoder

Rick69
Ok Thanks and is the 9409 the production # or what.

Re: VIN Decoder

Rick69
Also how do I find what the paint was on it. It was getting ready to be restored and it is primed does the VIN have a paint code in it  Thanks.

Re: VIN Decoder

TOOLS1
Administrator
The vin's are not coded like they are, for cars. All you can get from them are the year, and model, and even then it only goes by what series of numbers went to which run.
As for finding the original paint. If yours has been repainted all you can do is try to find the old color somewhere on the bike, or look at old literature, and pick an original paint schema.
Also the engine numbers do not match the frame, but should be within a few hundred numbers.
TOOLS
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
We all got problems. Ksharp

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-K X 2
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)

Re: VIN Decoder

LukeM
Administrator
I might suggest looking at the underside of the gas tank, or maybe the inside of the side covers.  There is a site at bikez.com that has a good collection of data about the older bikes.  You could also use Google.

Good luck.  Pix, please?
Luke M
Used to have a 1979 CB750L, sold it as a parts bike, now riding a slightly modified 1984 VT700C. Network/Field Engineer. Central OH, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.

Re: VIN Decoder

Rick69
    I Thank you all for the help, I payed $200 for the bike and got the title the other day. I have'nt got the bike yet, I'll pick it up on Monday. This bike has been parked in an old barn since 1990. The guy that bought it before me got it in Texas, drove it all the way to Nebraska in hopes of restoring it and passed away 2 months after.
    It has about an inch of dust on it from the years if sitting. It aslso has metal saddle bags but no covers so I'll probably be on here again looking for covers. I will have pics as before I get it out of the barn and after it get the dust off of it while driving it home in the rain.

Thanks again

P.S. I'm planning on painting it Boss Maroon!!!

Re: VIN Decoder

TOOLS1
Administrator
$200.00 That's a deal. I have seen titled frames go for more then that. Can't wait to see the pictures.
TOOLS
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
We all got problems. Ksharp

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-K X 2
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)

Re: VIN Decoder

Peterwh
I think you will find that the k4s were painted in one of three colours:  Flake Sunrise Orange (my absolute all time favorite), Freeom Green Metalic and Boss Maroon Metalic. So it should be one of those three.

Re: VIN Decoder

John Sullivan
 I just bartered for, I think a 1974 or 75 CB750 which runs rather well, concidering it had also been sitting for sometime in a barn on some property a friend of mine bought last year and the Vin.# & frame# are identical. There is no title, but I'm working on that through Alabama since it was a non title state up until I think 1975. The best part is there will be less than $150.00 in barter.

Re: VIN Decoder

TOOLS1
Administrator
That;s COOL! I can not believe matching numbers. Honda never tried to match them on the line. If it is original, and not the product of replaced engine cases, it will be worth a fortune to a collector.
TOOLS
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
We all got problems. Ksharp

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-K X 2
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)

Re: VIN Decoder

cityslicker
production code is 341. if the chart I saw is right.